Are you thinking about adding a personalization engine to your site? Are you at least considering it? Well, you should. According to Sentient AI, your site will improve greatly by adding a personalized ecommerce Recommendation engine. Do you want to know how?
1) A personalized ecommerce recommendation engine will drive traffic to your site through email blasts and targeted messages. The messages your customers get will not be too overwhelming. The messages will be just enough to give your customers the incentive they need.
2) According to Sentient AI, these blasts reflect your shopping trends. The engine will search through the browser history and recommend items based on that customer’s searches. You can relax. The ecommerce recommendation engine will not invade your privacy. The ecommerce recommendation engine is designed to work along with your customer’s searches. Once you see something your customers like, you can catalog the item. You need to then blast the item out in a message.
3) Customers get more out of their searches. They do not need to search hours on end to find something you want.
4) The recommendation engine will convert window shoppers into buyers more frequently. The search engine extends their olive branch in the form of saved results. That branded loyalty is a way to gain their trust. If your customers see you are taking notice of their interests, they will be more inclined to buy.
5) The recommendation engine is a great way to increase the number of items in a person’s cart. Some sites get about 1-2 items per cart. The reason is that these sites do not have the same loyalty level. Once you achieve a big loyalty level, you will have people buying more items.
Summing It Up
Scott likes a specific kind of book. There is one seller, in particular, Scott buys from to get his books. The seller he buys from sends him updates on new books every few days. Scott has gone from buying 1-2 books per order, in the beginning, to buying 5+ books per order. Scott trusts the seller. The seller uses the recommendation engine to base Scott’s next purchase off of items he has already bought. The seller occasionally throws in a freebie to further enhance the loyalty and trust the two have built.